The Tile Generator is a command line utility that enables a user to execute batch runs to
generate map tiles. It can be downloaded from the Spectrum Spatial section of the
Welcome Page, under Tile Generator on the Utilities tab.
There are three options available when using this utility:
- Generate a file that contains the tile levels to be created.
- Use the file created above and create the tiles to seed the cache.
- Directly use the parameters to generate the tiles and seed the cache. No input file is
needed for this option.
By running cache_builder.bat
with no parameters or with the -help parameter, you will
get more details about the options above.
- Tiles need to be generated on the server.
- The Tile Generator requires the JAVA_HOME variable to be set to the location of the
installed JDK (Java 8 is required).
- Ensure that Basic authentication is not disabled when using this tool.