Select Spatial Manager to view and edit the global settings for your
Web Map Service and its capabilities. See Web Map Service (WMS) in the Services section of
the Spectrum Spatial Guide for more information.
Note: The WMS configuration file WMSConfiguration is pre-configured and
located in the Configuration directory under the root repository. For
example, a default installation will place the WMS configuration file at
Although you can use a WebDAV tool to copy the WMS configuration file from the repository then
upload the modified file, manual editing of this file should only be done by advanced users who
require functionality that is not supported by the current version of Spatial Manager. Unexpected results may occur when using a manually edited configuration
file with Spatial Manager.
The service parameters define the base WMS configuration.
- Online resource / Service URL
- The HTTP URL (user-accessible endpoint) for your WMS service, formatted as
http://server:port/rest/Spatial/WMS. In most cases, it
will be as defaulted by the installer, the hostname of your machine and the URL path
(rest/Spatial/WMS) and there is no need to change this. You need to change this URL only
- Using a proxy around your Spectrum Spatial server. The URL should be changed to point to
- A Spectrum Spatial load-balanced environment where the URL should point to your load
- The human-readable name of the WMS service.
- A description of the WMS service, such as what type of features or content your WMS service
provides. For example, it can include the version of Spectrum Spatial to use. This information
can be used by GetCapabilities.
- Words or phrases that describe your repository
This information can be used by GetCapabilities.
- Any fees associated with access and use of the service.
- Access constraints
- Any constraints regarding access and use of the service.
- Contact info
- Information about a contact person for your service, including email address, mailing
address, and phone number. The Contact Info parameter does not appear if it contains no
information. You can click Edit to add contact info.
GetMap retrieves geospatial information, over the Internet or an intranet, based on a specific
request of the data and returns it as a raster image.
- Image Formats
- List of supported image types (PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF, and JPG/JPEG) that can be returned for
a GetMap request.
Important: By default, PNG is the only image type selected.
MapInfo Pro users should also select GIF.
GetFeatureInfo returns information for a feature at a given point on the map once a GetMap has
- Determines if the GetFeatureInfo operation is enabled. Default is enabled.
- Return Geometry
- Controls whether the geometry and style attributes should be returned in a GetFeatureInfo
response. When true, all the geometry and style attributes are returned. If the element is not
present in the WMSConfiguration, then true will be taken as the default value. When false, the
geometry and style attributes will not be returned.
- Default Pixel Search Radius
- Pixel value used in a GetFeatureInfo request to search for information. This can also be
set at the WMS layer level and/or in a request using the parameter PIXELSEARCHRADIUS. If
specified in both the layer and service levels, the layer level value will override the
service level value. If specified in the request, it overrides both the layer and service
level values. If not specified at either the service or layer level or in the request, the
default value used is 3 pixels.