Using Data from Unsupported Datasources
Some types of data cannot be uploaded. To create new named layers that will work with
the Map Uploader:
- Create a version in a supported datasource such as native TAB using the Save Copy
As command from the HOME tab.
Supported datasources include:
- native TAB
- extended TAB
- Spatial databases (PostGIS, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Copy the new native table to the server. Like all other tables, the datasource must be
accessible to the server via a named connection. So put it in a location under an
existing connection or put it somewhere and create a connection to it. (to find
location connections point to open the connection's detail page in Spatial Manager
and look at the "Source Folder" property).
Note: If Spectrum Spatial is getting its data from a database then a user needs to put the table in
their spatial database. Like a flat-file TAB, that database needs to be available to the
server via a connection.
- Remove the unsupported layer from the MapInfo Pro map.
- Add the newly created layer to the MapInfo Pro map in the same place as the unsupported layer,
with the same label and display settings, re-creating any themes.
- Upload the map.