To upload a map to Spectrum Spatial:
Points to Remember
- Select Spectrum Spatial Map Uploader > Uploader tab.
- Enter the map name in Map Name text box.
- Select Upload Map to create a named map when uploading. If this is not selected, only named tables will be uploaded, and no map will be created.
- Enter a path in the Repository Path text box to upload resources to a specific folder in Spectrum. Click Browse and select the folder location in the repository. Right click on any folder in the repository browser and you can add a new folder. Click OK when done selecting the folder. For more information on how folder names should be specified, refer to Appendix C.
- Select the corresponding JDBC Named Connection for each of the tables. For file based
named connections you must first configure the Map Uploader Settings Tab.
- Click Upload.
- For all named connections (file and database) you must create these using Spatial Manager prior to using the Map Uploader. For more information on Spatial Manager, see the Spectrum Spatial Guide.
- When uploading tables that point to Oracle, SQL Server, or PostGIS database tables, you must pick a corresponding named connection for the type. If there are no named connections than these will be marked as unsupported.
- When uploading file based tables Native, Shape, Raster, or Grid, you must pick a corresponding file based named connection for the type. If there are no named connections than these will be marked as unsupported.
- Any unsupported tables are marked with a red cross. You can still upload the remaining tables (ticked green) but the unsupported ones will not be uploaded and will not be included in the map in Spectrum Spatial.
- When named tables are created during the upload process, they will include references to the named connections. Named tables are not created using in-line connection definitions.
- Some unsupported tables are listed in Appendix A.
- Details of the named resources created are in Appendix B.