Points databases contain data for locating the center of a parcel. These databases provides
enhanced geocoding accuracy for internet mapping, property and casualty insurance,
telecommunications, utilities, and others.
To use a points database, you must also install a streets database. See U.S. Geocoding Databases
for the list of available US
- Master Location Data —This database provides the best available address point location for every
mailable and deliverable address in the United States.
- Centrus Points—This database contains the data necessary to locate
the center of a parcel or building. It does not contain assessor's parcel number
(APN) or elevation data.
- Centrus Elevation—This database contains the same data as Centrus
Points, plus elevation data.
- Centrus Enhanced Points—This database contains the same data as
Centrus Points, plus APN data.
- Centrus Premium Points—This database contains the same data as
Centrus Points, plus both APN and elevation data.
- TomTom Points—The data in this database is provided by TomTom, a
third-party provider of spatial data.
- NAVTEQ Points—This database is provided by NAVTEQ, a third-party data provider. It contains data used to locate addresses at the center of the
actual building footprint or parcel.
Note: To install the Global Geocoding Module databases on Windows Server 2008
you need administrator privileges.