Products affected: DM300c™, DM400c™, DM450c™, DM475™ (G900, G905)
This update will take between 15 and 25 minutes to complete depending on your connection method.
TIP: During peak periods, heavy network traffic may require several connection attempts.
TIP: Some steps below may vary slightly from what you see on your meter. If so, follow the meter prompts to complete the update.
DM300c, DM400c, DM450c, DM475 Software Update Instructions
1. Connect your meter using one of the following options:
- Local area network (LAN)
- Analog phone line that is not shared with a fax or other device
- Internet connection via a PC and PC Meter Connect desktop application
2. At your meter, conduct a balance inquiry.
3. Press the Refill Postage key.
4. Select Check PBP Balance option.
5. Your meter will connect with the PB Data Center and display several messages.
6. When the connection is complete, your Postage by Phone balance will appear.
7. Press the Continue option to proceed to the next screen and select the Enter key.
Warning: Do not unplug your power cord or remove the network cords from your meter while updating. This may cause damage to your meter. However, if your meter has been unresponsive for more than 20 minutes, you may disconnect the power cord, wait 1 minute, plug it back in, and restart the update process.
8. Download and install software update. Depending on your meter's configuration, one of the messages shown below will be displayed. Select Download Now.
9. The update will take 15-25 minutes to complete depending on your connection method. Your meter will display the status of the download. After the % Complete reaches 100%, the meter will display several messages while it prepares the new software. The system will automatically restart to install the update (this will take up to 5 minutes) and automatically return to the Home screen when the installation is complete.
Note: Depending on your meter configuration, you may see a message indicating another connection is required. If so, follow Steps 2 – 3 above to download and install the additional updates.
10. Confirm that the update was installed successfully by using the Confirm Update tool on the right side of this page.
For more information: