The following includes guidance to help you pack and ship your meter for return to Pitney Bowes.
Before you continue, make sure:
- You received a Pitney Bowes return kit
- You received a shipping carton with packing material
- Your current meter has been deactivated by transferring funds from the meter back to your postage account. Meter deactivation is required by the USPS.
- There is enough workspace to move your equipment
- Your clothes are protected from possible ink stains
- Your replacement meter has arrived, if you are installing a replacement meter
Select the meter model you are returning:
mailstation / mailstation2 (K700, K7M0)
Personal Post (E700)
DM100i / DM125 / DM200L / DM225 (P700, PR00, P7L1, PRL1)
DM200i/DM300i (DDM Series)
DM300c/DM300L (Note: Review page 2)
A malfunctioning machine can limit your ability to connect to the data center. When you are unable to transfer funds, you can return the meter in its non-functioning state. When it arrives at our facility, we will transfer the funds to your postage account. Allow for additional processing time before you can use the transferred funds.
Remember: You must transfer any remaining postage from the meter to your postage account before you pack and ship the meter.