Postage meters hold value beyond the material cost of the equipment, as they contain postage funds that belong to your company. Follow these steps to safely and securely return your meter to protect both types of assets.
To arrange a return and/or replace your meter, the first step is to contact Pitney Bowes. Next, you will need to deactivate and prepare the meter for shipment. Note: Deactivation must be completed before you can return a meter, or set up and install a replacement meter.
How to Return a Meter to Pitney Bowes:
Make sure Pitney Bowes knows that you are returning your meter. If a customer service representative instructs you to return your meter for a replacement, you're covered. But if you decide to return a meter on your own, we need to know about the return. We will work closely with you to ensure a smooth transaction. When you contact us, we will explain the logistics of your specific return, and make sure you have all the materials you need to pack and ship the meter back to us safely.
- Arrange a Return
To arrange a return, contact Pitney Bowes using one of the numbers listed below. Be sure to return your meter within 10 days of receiving your return kit to avoid billing issues.
- Lease Customers: 1-800-732-7222
- Rental Customers: 1-800-228-1071
- General Product Support: 1-800-522-0020
- Deactivate and Return Your Meter
Deactivate your meter by transferring all funds on the meter back to its original postage funding source(s). Use your prepaid shipping label to send your meter back.
- Withdraw funds from your meter
- Transfer postage funds to their original funding source when returning, replacing or upgrading a meter
- Request a postage refund, if necessary
- Print out an accounting report, if you use the accounting feature
- Pack and ship your meter
- Drop off the meter at the nearest UPS Store, or hand it to a UPS delivery driver if they stop by. If UPS is called to schedule a special pick up for the meter, there will be a charge assessed by UPS which PB will not cover.
- Install a Replacement Meter
Once your original meter has been deactivated, you can set up your replacement meter. If you are missing your replacement meter installation instructions, see the installation guides and videos listed below for detailed installation instructions:
- mailstation and mailstation2: Installation Guide, Install a New Wired LAN Connection video tutorial
- mailstation and mailstation2: Installation Guide, Install a New Wireless (Wi-Fi) Connection video tuturial
- DM100-DM225: Installation Guide, Install the DM100-DM225 video tutorial
- DM300: Installation Guide, Install the DM300 video tutorial