Postage Account Refunds and/or Purchase Power Credits
Refunds for unused postage from your meter are typically only necessary when canceling a meter on a single meter account.
Refunds are not needed when:
- Replacing or upgrading a meter (postage on the meter can be transferred back to your postage account for later).
- There are multiple meters on the account (transferred postage can be used to fund other meters).
- Free postage
- Misprinted or printed but unused postage*
- Prepaid postage originally made payable to the USPS that are less than $25*
*Requests for these types of refunds must be made through your local Post Office; however, restrictions may apply.
Returned supplies acquired through Purchase Power
Your Purchase Power account will be credited for returned items bought using this method. If the credit results in a positive balance, you can request a refund or you can keep it on your account for other purchases.
Refunds can also be requested to:
- Reduce a credit balance
- Retrieve an overpayment on an account
Detailed information on refunds and credits
Visit the Pitney Bowes refunds and credits site to learn more about your eligibility for a refund.
If you meet the criteria for a refund, complete and submit the Refund Request form.
Once the request form has been submitted, refunds typically take 7-10 business days to process.
If you are part of a bankruptcy, receivership or assignment for the benefit of creditors (only), fill in the Bankruptcy Refund Request form. (Allow up to 3 weeks for processing.)