Waste Tank Full or [Ink] Waste Tank Near Full
What it Means:
Excess ink from purges and heavy use will eventually fill your mailing system ink waste tank. When your ink reservoir nears capacity, the meter shows the message, "Waste Tank Near Full." When it reaches capacity, "Waste Tank Full" displays.
You can temporarily suspend the Waste Tank Near Full message and continue processing your mail for a short time. However, once the Waste Tank Full message appears, your meter will be inoperable and require service. Make a waste tank replacement request as soon as either of these messages appear.
Temporarily suspend 'Waste Tank Near Full' message:
1. Update your meter - Make sure the most recent firmware [software] is installed on your meter. View instructions to check the software version.
Versions below 16.04: First you must update your system using either PC Meter Connect or an Analog Phone line. Then proceed with the steps to clear the message while in Service Mode.
Version 16.04 or higher: Your Waste Tank message can be cleared by putting your meter in Service Mode, then using the Diagnostic and Maintenance function
2. Put your meter into Service Mode
- Unplug your meter. Wait one minute and plug it back in.
- Look for your Initializing screen -- it is the second screen that appears while starting up
- With your initializing screen displayed, press and hold the Space + Shift keys
- When prompted for your password, release the keys and enter 6946
3. Clear your Waste Tank Near Full message
- Navigate to your Diagnostics screen on the meter display
- Navigate to your PM Maintenance screen
- Page Down to the Clear Waste Tank option
- Press the green Yes/Enter button on the keypad, then select Continue
- Select Continue until you reach your Home screen
4. Reboot your meter by unplugging it, and then plugging it back in
Request a waste tank replacement:
The message has been cleared, but your ink waste tank still needs attention. You will not be able to run mail once the waste tank is full. Click the Service Request button to make a waste tank replacement request.