How to Ship a mailstation or mailstation2 to Pitney Bowes
Products affected: mailstation™, mailstation2™ Digital Mailing Systems
Refer to the diagram below to see how to properly package your system before you ship it.
- Be sure to transfer postage back to your account before you ship your meter.
- If you are replacing the meter with a new one, keep the interface cord and scale (see top of image) to use with your new meter.
To ship the meter you will need the following:
- Foam packing (two sections)
- Shipping carton
- Packing tape to close carton
- Pre-paid shipping label
To prepare the meter for shipment, follow these instructions:
1. Unplug the scale, telephone line, and power cord
2. Place the meter on bottom of foam, ensuring it fits tightly within the sides
3. Place top foam over the meter as illustrated
4. If youare replacing the base meter only, don't return the Communication Device, scale and cables. If you are replacing the entire system, place the items in the appropriate cutouts as illustrated.
5. Tape the carton closed across the top and down both sides, using the packing tape provided
6. Remove the old shipping label from the carton
7. Apply the pre-paid shipping label
NOTE: If a pre-paid shipping label is not enclosed, please contact support at 1-800-522-0020. An agent will assist you with receiving a label. Retain the top portion of your shipping label for tracking purposes.