The United States Postal Service (USPS) has changed Zone assignments for most ZIP Codes. The required postage for sending mail to the affected ZIP Codes may have changed. These changes are in effect now, however, the USPS is providing a grace period for systems to be updated. This update needs to be installed before October 31, 2013.
Zone assignments have been changed. These changes affect almost every Origin ZIP Code.
- DM Series™ machines and Connect+®: the update will be available for download starting 10/14/13.
- Integra Series Scales: updated rate cards will be available to order through our Online Store beginning 10/17/13.
For Origin ZIP Code 005:
- The price for shipping to Destination 064 used to be based on zone 1; it is now based on zone 2.
- The price for shipping to Destination 337 used to be based on zone 6; it is now based on zone 5.
For Origin ZIP Code 445:
- The price for shipping to Destination 006 used to be based on zone 7; it is now based on zone 8.
- The price for shipping to Destination 375 used to be based on zone 5; it is now based on zone 4.
July 28, 2013 USPS Express Mail Name and Priority Mail Insurance Changes
Effective July 28, 2013 the United States Postal Service (USPS®) made changes to Express Mail branding and Priority Mail insurance. The USPS has also changed Zone assignments for most ZIP Codes. An update to your mailing machine and/or scale is required.
- DM Series™ machines and Connect+®: if you haven’t performed this update previously we have included it with the above Zone update.
- Integra Series Scales: if you haven’t performed this update previously we have included it on the updated Zone rate cards.
Description of Changes
- The USPS has renamed Express Mail, Priority Mail Express.
Express Mail International
- The USPS has renamed Express Mail International, Priority Mail Express International.
Domestic Insurance Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Retail and Commercial Base Insurance now includes the first $50 of declared value for free ($0.00).
- Priority Mail Commercial Plus Insurance now includes the 1st $100 of declared value for free ($0.00).
Pitney Bowes products affected:
|DM Series Mailing Systems||Product Code Number (PCN)|
|DM100i, DM200L, DM125, DM225||P700 / PR00 / P705 / PR05 / P7L1 / PRL1 / P7L5 / PRL5|
|DM300c, DM400c, DM450c, DM475||G900 / G905|
|DM200i, DM300i, DM400i, DM300L, DM400L||G800 / G805 / DD00 / DD05|
|DM500-DM1100 and Infinity||1C00 / 1C05/ 1D00 / 1D04/ 1D05 / 1D08
1T00 / 1T04 / 1T05
|Connect+||MSF1 / MSF2 / MSF3|
||K700 / K705|
|Integra Series Scales||N4xx / 4Kxx / N5xx / 5Kxx
N6xx / 6Kxx / N7xx / 7Kxx
N9xx / 9Kxx