A preset is a snapshot of commonly used meter settings that allow you to easily recall the properties you use most often. Assigning a preset (such as First-Class letter) saves time and ensures accuracy in your mailings.
The Single-Piece First-Class Mail Letter Stamp rate increases from 46 cents to 49 cents on January 26, 2014. However, postage meters now provide the benefit of a new one-cent discount Metered category for First-Class letters only. The price becomes 48 cents with the discount.
- If your meter's home screen is displaying 48 cents, you're all set. If you have performed the rate update on your meter and it still shows the old postage amount, follow the instructions below to Set the Normal Preset.
- Post Offices and CPU/CPO locations (retail counter service locations) are required to charge the stamped price.
mailstation / mailstation2 (K700, K705, K7M0)
- Creating Presets
- Turning Preset Feature On & Off
- View Your Preset
- Recalling the Preset
- Storing a New Preset
DM100i / DM200L / DM125 / DM225 (P700, P7L1, PR00, PRL1)
- Check Presets (after Rate Change)
- Set Up the Normal Preset
- Using Custom Presets
- Delete a Preset
- Setting the Normal Preset Timer
- Edit a Custom Preset Name
DM300C / DM400C / DM450C / DM475 (G900, G905)
- Set Normal Preset (after Rate Change)
- Viewing a Preset
- Creating a New Custom Preset
- Adjusting the Normal Preset Timer
- Storing a Current Setting
- Editing a Custom Preset
- Deleting a Custom Preset
DM500 / DM800 / DM900 / DM1000 / DM Infinity (1D00, 1D04, 1D05, 1D08, 1C00, 1C05, 1T00, 1T04, 1T05)
DM200i / DM300i / DM400i / DM300L / DM400L (DD00, DD05, G800, G805)
PostPerfect (B700, B702)
Presets and Postal Rate Change
After you perform a postage rate update, your presets may need to be updated. If your presets are class-based and the rates for that class have changed, the values will be accurate on the effective date of the change. If you saved any presets by keying in a postage amount instead of selecting a mail class then you must manually change that preset. It is always recommended to select mail class based preset so you never have to remember to update them when rates change.
The Normal Preset
Normal presets are the default conditions on your meter that you define with your most commonly used values, such as postage rates and class. These normal preset values will be the default state on your mailing system when it is first powered on or after it awakens from "sleep" mode. You can't delete a normal preset, but you can assign it different values when needed.
On many Pitney Bowes mailing machines, parameters for special mailings can be stored as Custom Presets. You can define up to ten custom settings for these mailing situations.