Postage Changes, FAQs and More
USPS Proposes Price Changes for January 26, 2014
Highlights of the proposed single-piece First-Class Mail pricing include:
- Letters (1 oz.) - 3-cent increase to 49 cents
- Letters additional ounces - 1-cent increase to 21 cents
- Letters to all international destinations (1 oz.) - $1.15
- Postcards - 1-cent increase to 34 cents
The proposed prices filed on September 26th, 2013 are subject to a 90-day review by the Postal Regulatory Commission for approval. The purpose of the price increases is to combat the Postal Service’s $20 billion budget gap.
- Cost for USPS Rate Change Updates
- Operational Changes Related to Rate and Software Updates
- Rates and Software Update FAQs
- United Parcel Service (UPS) Price Changes
TIP: Use the USPS Postage Calculator to easily look up domestic and international retail prices.