USPS Price Change - Effective January 27, 2013
As stated by the USPS:
"The Postal Service is revising Mailing Standards of the United States Postal Service, Domestic Mail Manual (DMM®), to reflect changes to prices and mailing standards for the following competitive products: Express Mail®, Priority Mail®, First-Class Package Service™, Parcel Select®, Parcel Post®, Extra Services, Return Services, Mailer Services, and Recipient Services."
> Visit our Postal Information site for the "January 2013 USPS® Price Change Highlights for Mailing Services Products" and "Pitney Bowes Quick Guide to USPS Prices."
Below is a summary of the new Mailing Services prices beginning January 27, 2013.
|Highlights of Price Changes to USPS Mailing Services||Former 2012 Rates||2013 Rates|
|First-Class Mail®||(for comparison)|| January 27, 2013
|One to three ounce parcel||$1.95||$2.07|
|Each additional ounce (letters and flats)||$0.20||$0.20|
|Each additional ounce (parcels)||$0.17||$0.17|
|Standard Mail® Letter: 3-Digit Automation||$0.26||$0.27|
|Electronic Return Receipt||$1.15||$1.25|
Summary of some of the new Shipping Services prices for January 27, 2013
Several new Shipping Services products will be available in January. Free tracking will be offered to all competitive packages, including retail Priority Mail and Parcel Post (recently renamed Standard Post). Also new, customers shipping Critical Mail letters and flats will now have the option of receiving a signature upon delivery as part of the service offering.
A large variety of flat-rate boxes and envelopes for Express Mail® and Priority Mail®, including the padded and legal-sized flat rate envelopes will continue to be offered by the Postal Service. New domestic retail pricing for Priority Mail Flat Rate products include:
- Small box: $5.80
- Medium box: $12.35
- Large box: $16.85
- Large APO/FPO box: $14.85
- Regular envelope: $5.60
- Legal envelope: $5.75
- Padded envelope: $5.95
Pitney Bowes-specific product information:
In addition to the price changes, changes have been made that will affect the operation of Pitney Bowes products. This page includes a high-level list. For specific details on what's changing, visit our Rates and Updates Assistance Center or visit the USPS website.
These changes are not applicable to all products. Some products display the class and service names differently.
- Parcel Post has been renamed Standard Post.
- A new class selection Parcel Select Non-Presort has been added to some products.
International First Class
- Package has been renamed Package International Service or Package Service, depending on product.
International Express Mail
- The weight limit for Flat Rate Envelope has been decreased from 20 to 4 pounds.
- Delivery Confirmation is now free of charge ($0.00) for all competitive packages, including retail Priority Mail and Parcel Post (recently renamed Standard Post).
- A non-barcoded surcharge has been made available for First Class Commercial Automation Parcel Single Piece and Mixed ADC.
- Restricted Delivery has been eliminated for all applicable International services.
Complete prices can be found at the USPS website (select January 2013 price info).
Rates and Updates Assistance Center - check to see if your mailing system is up to date with rates and software.