Important Notice for Continued Use of USPS Services on SendSuite® Xpress™
Note: If you are already certified for USPS Confirmation Services and are using a MID Number (Mailer ID), no action is required at this time.
The USPS is introducing the Intelligent Mail package barcode (IMpb) for all Domestic parcels and Domestic letters/flats with extra services. Express Mail is excluded. All customers are required to use the IMpb by January, 2014. You will be receiving an upgrade to your shipping system between September and early November. There is potential action needed prior to running the upgrade. Please review items below and take the appropriate action.
- You must be certified for USPS Confirmation Services.
If you currently use a DUNS Number, you must change over to a MID Number before installing the update. Changing the DUNS number to a MID number after installing the update will require being re-certified with the USPS before using Confirmation Services for the USPS.
If your system already has a MID number, no further action is required.
- You must use a USPS Mailer ID (MID).
If you are not certain if you have a MID (Mailer ID) or DUNS (Dun & Bradstreet Numbering System) number, the document below provides instructions on how to find the current number in use for your system.
> How to find your MID/Duns Number
Further clarification on the numbers themselves can be found on the USPS website. If you are currently using a DUNS number and need your MID number, call the USPS National Customer Support Center (NCSC) at 1-877-264-9693 and select Option 1.
NOTE: You must provide your existing DUNS number for the USPS to find your account and confirm your MID number.
If you wish to begin using the USPS Confirmation Services and currently do not have a DUNS number or MID, please apply for a Mailer ID. The document below provides instructions for enrolling.
Important: If you have installed IntelliLink Desktop 4.1: download and run the RUNTIME.exe to address software issues.
About IMpb with Pitney Bowes products:
- Pitney Bowes is fully compliant with the USPS requirement for IMpb in regard to UPS SurePost Services.
- Pitney Bowes has received a waiver from FedEx on IMpb, delaying the date of compliance to June 30, 2013 for FedEx SmartPost services.
- Pitney Bowes has received a waiver from the USPS on IMpb, delaying the date of compliance to December 31, 2013 for USPS Services.
Upcoming and recent rate changes:
- UPS Rate Change (effective: December 31, 2012)
- FedEx Rate Change (effective: January 7, 2013)
- USPS Rate Change (effective: January 27, 2013)
- If you experience issues running the update
Note: your SendSuite Xpress System should be on version 1.70 or higher to install the Rate Change Update.
- Check your system software version
- UPS Rate Change Installation Instructions for SendSuite Xpress
- UPS 2013 US Rate Change Information
There is no FedEx Update for your SendSuite Xpress System from Pitney Bowes. Updates to FedEx Rates and Services can be obtained through the FSMS Demand Download.
Effective: January 27, 2013: USPS Rate Change (United States only)
Your SendSuite Xpress System should be on version 1.60 or higher to install the Rate Change Update.
- Check your system software version
- USPS Rate Update Installation Instructions
- USPS Price Change Information
Issues running an update?
When running an update, you may experience an issue. These links will help you resolve errors.
- UPS Manifest Open error
- Untransmitted PLD Files error
- USPS Manifest Data Needs Moving error
- Important: If you have installed IntelliLink Desktop 4.1: download and run the RUNTIME.exe to address software issues.