Products affected: Ascent™ and SendSuite® Xpress
2015 Software Announcement: SendSuite Xpress 2.25 and Ascent 9.25 information includes requirements for enabling USPS® Commercial Base Pricing (CBP). It also supports Restricted Delivery with Signature Confirmation.
Before you begin:
All updates are available via electronic download only. Install IntelliLink Desktop today to keep your system ready for Rate Change.
There are two methods to using the Postage Meter:
- Offline – After printing the label on your SendSuite Xpress or Ascent system the user will manually set the meter and print the matching tape
- Online (Integrated Meter Mode) – While interfaced with the meter, SendSuite Xpress or Ascent will print the label and then trigger a tape to print on the postage machine. *Requires Version 2.25 available now via IntelliLink Desktop.
Commercial Base Pricing (CBP) services can be used through either method on your SendSuite Xpress or Ascent system. Requirements to enable the CBP rating:
- Version Ascent v9.25 or SendSuite Xpress v2.25
- IntelliLink Desktop installed
- Valid USPS Mailer Identification Number (MID)
- Tracking/Confirmation Services Communication Parameters must be setup with USPS-issued FTP, User ID and Password
- Internet connection
- Label Printer configured for printing the IMpb labels
- Commercial Base Services enabled in SendSuite Xpress (instructions) - OR - Commercial Base Services enabled in Ascent (instructions)
- Go to https://gateway.usps.com/
- Log in or register for free. Note that registering will automatically get a MID assigned.
- Go to Mailing Services menu item
- Locate Mailer ID and click "Go to Service"
- If you just completed registration, your MID will be displayed in the Mailer ID Summary section at the bottom of the page. If you do not see your MID, click on Request MID from the upper horizontal menu
- Complete the process as instructed on the site
- Make sure to document your MID
For assistance or questions with the gateway registration contact USPS by phone: 877-264-9693, option 1, or email email@example.com
Certification Test Instructions for Confirmation Services
You may already be shipping with USPS on a valid MID and printing IMpb labels at the retail rates. If not you may need to become certified with USPS Confirmation Services. View Certification Instructions to learn more.
- Go to https://gateway.usps.com/ and sign in
- Select Shipping Services menu
- Locate Online Enrollment and click “Go to Service”
- Select “Tracking Only” from the program drop-down box then click Continue
- Select “Owner” then complete the survey
- Once the survey is complete, select the service in which you’d like to enroll
- Click Begin Enrollment and complete as directed by the site the answers accordingly:
- Will you be sending an electronic file to USPS? - Yes
- How will you transmit the file to USPS? - Secured File Transfer - SFTP
- Will you be using a software vendor? - Yes
- What software vendor will you be using? - Pitney Bowes - SendSuite
- What file format will you be using to submit your files to USPS? - Electronic File Version 1.7
- How do you want USPS to provide your tracking and/or postage information? - Secured File Transfer – SFTP
- Download and complete Section “A” of Form 1357-S, then email to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or fax to 901-681-4646
- USPS will email your FTP credentials
USPS Intelligent Mail® package barcode (IMpb) - IMpb Information
Rate Change Update Information:
- UPS® Rate Change - effective December 29, 2014
- FedEx Rate Change - effective January 5, 2015
- Spee-Dee Rate Change - effective January 5, 2015
- Canada Post Rate Change - effective January 12, 2015
- USPS Rate Change - effective September 7, 2014
- Troubleshoot Issues with Updating
Note: You must be at Ascent v9.2x or SendSuite Xpress v2.2x to perform this update. Check your system software version, then follow these instructions:
- UPS 2015 Rate Change Installation Instructions
- UPS Rate Change Information
- UPS 2015 Rate Change Installation Instructions (Canada)
There is no FedEx Update for your shipping system from Pitney Bowes. Updates to FedEx Rates and Services can be obtained through the FSMS Demand Download.
Note: Your Ascent Canada System should be on version 3.50 or higher to install the Rate Change Update.
Note: Your system should be on Ascent version 9.10 / SendSuite Xpress version 2.10 to install the Rate Change Update.
- Check your system software version
- USPS Rate Update Installation Instructions
- USPS Price Change Information
- Check your system software version - Ascent and SendSuite Xpress
Note: Information applies to Ascent™ Multi-Carrier Package Management (T199, T197, T196); SendSuite® Xpress (T299).