Products affected: All meters
USPS® regulations require a postage meter be inspected periodically. This inspection occurs automatically when your meter is refilled with postage or when your system connects to the Pitney Bowes Data Center to perform a balance inquiry.
If a postage refill or connection to the Pitney Bowes Data Center for a balance inquiry does not occur within a 90 day period, the meter will display either message: Connection or Inspection Due. If an inspection is not performed within 30 days of the message, the meter will display: Connection or Inspection Required or Connect Before the 6th. You must follow the instructions for your meter type to prevent the machine from being locked out (unable to run mail). Select your meter model:
- mailstation, mailstation2 - K7XX, K7M0
- DM100i, DM125, DM200L, DM225 - P7XX, PRXX, P7LX
- DM200i, DM300i, DM400i, DM300L, DM400L - G8XX, DDXX
- DM300c, DM400c, DM450c, DM475 - G9XX
- DM500, DM800, DM900, DM1000, DM1100, Infinity - 1AXX, 1CXX, 1DXX, 1LXX, 1MXX, 1RXX, 1TXX
- DM200, DM300 - F8XX, F9XX
- Personal Post - E7XX
- PostPerfect - B7XX
Note: Meter product code numbers (PCNs) end in several different combinations. In this list, the last two digits of the meter's product code number is represented by "XX".
For additional information, review Troubleshooting Connection Error Code Messages