Your Pitney Bowes meter prints postage using funds in your postage account. Get instructions to add postage funds to your meter.
Common questions and answers about postage funding:
- Options to pay for postage
- Refill charges
- Checking your postage balance
- Initial postage payment and download
- Refilling after initial download
Options to pay for postage: You will need funds in your postage account to be able to refill your meter. Several postage funding options are available - review the different methods and choose how you pay for postage based on your business needs.
When you perform a refill, postage funds are drawn first from any prepaid account balance. If you do not have a prepaid balance or you choose to download more postage than available in your prepaid account, the difference will come from your Purchase Power® line of credit. Note: Free postage coupons or postage credits are treated as a prepaid balance.
- On your meter: press the Available / Funds key directly on your meter
- Check Available Funds anytime by signing into your online account. With your My Account profile, you can also sign up for postage refill reminders. Select Set meter refill email notifications, located under Postage Management.
- Call 1-800-243-7800 and use your 8-digit Postage By Phone (PBP) account number
Initial postage payment and download
Your postage meter does not come with pre-loaded postage. You must connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Center to download postage funds from your deposit made when you acquired the meter. Need to know how to connect? Learn more: Data Center Connection Types.
Refilling after initial Postage Download
You can refill postage on your meter using the funds available in your postage account (sometimes referred to as Postage by Phone, or PBP). You can add funds to this account using our postage payment options:
- Purchase Power - Pitney Bowes credit line that allows you to pay for equipment, postage and supplies through a single account
- Reserve Account (FDIC Insured) - funds held in an FDIC-insured account at The Pitney Bowes Bank, Inc.
- USPS® Prepaid
These payment options can be applied according to your unique requirements. Funds will be drawn first from any prepaid account balance. If you do not have a prepaid balance or you choose to download more postage than available in your prepaid account, the difference will come from your Purchase Power line of credit. Postage coupons or postage credits are treated as a prepaid balance.
Adding/refilling postage funds: Connect your mailing system to the Pitney Bowes Data Center and follow the prompts on the display panel to download postage to your meter. Select you meter for detailed instructions: