Products affected: DM100®i, DM200L™, DM125™ and DM225™
Normal presets are the default conditions on your meter that you define with your most commonly used values, such as postage rates and class. These normal preset values will be the default state on your mailing system when it is first powered on or after it awakens from "sleep" mode.
The Postal Class setting, in addition to identifying your mail type, helps automate the preset process for future rate data changes. You can set the class according to your needs, such as First Class, Priority Mail, Parcel Post, etc.
Watch this video to learn how to create a First Class Normal Preset on your DM100-DM225.
Set Up Normal Preset to First-Class Letter
- Check current preset
- From the Home screen, press the Normal Preset key. If the screen shows Class:None then proceed through the steps indicated.
If the screen shows a postage class (e.g., Class: first ClLtr). Stop here -- there is nothing more you need to do.
- (a) Choose a class without printing an inscription:
(b) Alternately, choose a class and print an inscription:
- Select Class.
- You will be prompted to choose between class groups/carriers:
◄ US Domestic
◄ US Intl
- Once you make a selection, the mail class menu will display.
- Set up a class of mail (e.g., select 1st Class followed by Letter, followed by Done).
- Confirm that the screen now shows the correct class.
- Press the Clear button so that all values are cleared on your Home screen.
- Press the page-down arrow and select Insc.
- Select an Inscription, page down and select First Class. You will then be returned to your Home screen.
- Press your Class button.
- Select class: 1st Class.
- Select Letter.
- In the additional services screen, select Done.
- Press the Custom Presets key.
- Select Define Normal.
- Select Yes to Are All Values Correct?
- Press the Custom Presets key
- Select Define Normal Preset.
- Select Yes: store preset
When the system returns to the Custom Presets screen, press your Home key.
When the system returns to your Home screen, your normal preset has been updated.
If the message One or more preset parameters are now invalid appears on your meter screen, follow these steps:
- Select: Continue
- Select: Quit Preset
- Resave any presets that contain International Classes