Effective April 1, 2013: USPS Zip/Zone Update
Note: Your SendSuite Shipping System should be on version 6.70 or higher to install the Zip/Zone Update.
You will receive the update on DVD or via IntelliLink Desktop. You will need to install the USPS (manifested mail) and POST (metered mail) updates separately. This is mandatory by April 30, 2013.
ALERT: USPS Parcel Select Delivery Confirmation Fee Correction
If you installed the manifested USPS rate change effective January 27, 2013, there is an incorrect fee amount for Delivery Confirmation for the service Parcel Select. Run this utility on your server to correct this fee.
ALERT: If you installed your USPS update with IntelliLink Desktop, your rates may not have been applied. If it applied the service pack and not the rates, follow these instructions to access the menu to install the rates:
Note: This page contains information specific to carrier rate changes. For information on applying software upgrades, visit our SendSuite Shipping System Upgrade page.
Important Note - please read:
- On the package labeled Part # VS96500:
The update is labeled NEW UPS RATES – EFFECTIVE 12/31/2012. It also indicates the USPS rates are included on this disk as well. This is incorrect. This update only includes the UPS 2013 rates. The USPS rates will be delivered separately, in time for the effective date of 1/27/2013
- During the installation of the UPS rates:
Users will be presented with an informational message advising that it should not be applied before the effective date of the change. In this message box, it states an effective date of Jan 31 2012. This is incorrect. The correct effective date for the 2013 UPS rates is 12/31/2012 or December 31, 2012.
About IMpb with Pitney Bowes products:
- Pitney Bowes is fully compliant with the USPS requirement for IMpb in regard to UPS SurePost Services.
- Pitney Bowes has received a waiver from FedEx on IMpb, delaying the date of compliance to June 30th, 2013 for FedEx SmartPost services.
- Pitney Bowes has received a waiver from the USPS on IMpb, delaying the date of compliance to October 1, 2013 for USPS Services.
Upcoming and recent rate changes:
- UPS Rate Change (effective: December 31, 2012)
- FedEx Rate Change (effective: January 7, 2013)
- USPS Rate Change (effective: January 27, 2013)
Effective December 31, 2012: UPS Rate Change (United States and Canada)
Note: your SendSuite Shipping System should be on version 6.70 or higher to install the Rate Change Update.
- Check your system software version
- UPS Rate Change Installation Instructions using DVD for SendSuite Shipping
- UPS 2013 US Rate Change Information
Effective: January 7, 2013: FedEx Rate Change (United States and Canada)
- There is no FedEx Update for your SendSuite Shipping System from Pitney Bowes.
- Updates to FedEx Rates and Services can be obtained through the FSMS Demand Download.
- FedEx 2013 US Rate Change Information
Effective: January 27, 2013: USPS Rate Change (United States only)
Note: your SendSuite Shipping System should be on version 6.80 or higher to install the Rate Change Update.
- Check your system software version
- USPS Rate Update Installation Instructions
- USPS Price Change Information
- USPS Rates for 2013
SendSuite Shipping USPS First-Class Mail International (FCMI)
The USPS has extended the deadline for requiring electronic customs declaration information on all International Letter Class products that contain a customs declaration. The original deadline set by the USPS was November 5, 2012, however the date has been changed to January 27, 2013.
The update that was mentioned in a recent customer letter you may have received and the message posted earlier on this site has been removed along with the zip file removing FCMI. FCMI will be removed from your shipping system when installing the upcoming USPS January 27, 2013 rate update. At this time, you do not need to take any action.
SendSuite Shipping 6.80
SendSuite Shipping version 6.80 updates the UPS® carrier component with the 2012 UPS® Business Rules. For a complete list of the new features implemented in SendSuite® for UPS 2012 Business Rules compliance, refer to SVTS9155J - SendSuite Shipping 6.80 Upgrade Process Read Me First document.
What if I need help?
If you have any questions or comments, call our Customer Support Center at 1-800-888-0286 or chat with a representative.