Products affected: DM300c™, DM400c™, DM450c™, DM475™
Normal presets are the default conditions on your meter that you define with your most commonly used values, such as postage rates and class. These normal preset values will then be the default state on your mailing system when it is first powered on or after it awakens from "sleep" mode.
The Postal Class setting, in addition to identifying your mail type, helps automate the preset process for future rate data changes. You can set the class according to your needs, such as First Class, Priority Mail, Parcel Post, etc.
Watch this video to learn how to create a First Class Mail Normal Preset on your DM300-DM475.
Steps to Set Up Normal Preset to First-Class Letter:
- Check current preset:
From the Home screen, press the Normal Preset key. If the screen shows Class:None then proceed through the steps below.
If the screen shows a postage class (e.g., Class: first Cl Ltr). Stop here -- there is nothing more you need to do.
- Choose a class:
- Select Class.
- You will be prompted to choose between class groups/carriers:
◄ US Domestic
◄ US Intl
Note: If the optional Presort Xtra feature is installed (DM475), Presort Xtra will show as a third class group/carrier selection.
- Once you make a selection, the Mail Class menu will display.
- Set up a class of mail (e.g., select 1st Class followed by Letter, followed by the Enter key).
- Confirm that the screen now shows the correct class.
- Set up preset:
- Press the Menu key.
- Press the down arrow.
- Select Preset Options.
- Select Set Normal Preset.
- Select Yes to confirm the settings.
- Return to Home screen:
- When the system returns to the "Presets Options" screen, press the Home key.
- When the system returns to the Home screen, your normal preset has been updated.
Note: If the message Invalid Preset Settings / Preset: [preset name is displayed] appears on the screen, follow these instructions:
- Select: Continue
- Select: Quit Preset
- Resave any presets that contain International Classes