Products affected: DM300c™, DM400c™, DM450c™, DM475™
Normal presets are the default conditions on your meter that you define based on your commonly used values, such as postage rates and class. You can adjust the settings according to your needs, such as First Class, Priority Mail, Parcel Post.
Once you create normal presets, these options are saved and readily available on your meter. The Postal Class setting, in addition to identifying your mail type, helps automate the preset process for future rate updates and changes. Watch this video to learn how to create a First-Class Mail Letter Normal Preset on your DM300-DM475.
Follow these steps to create a First-Class Mail Letter Normal Preset:
- Choose a Class:
- Select Class
- Select US Domestic
- Note: If the optional Presort Xtra feature is installed (DM475), Presort Xtra will show as a third class group/carrier selection.
- Select 1st Class followed by Letter, followed by the Enter key
- Confirm that the screen now shows the correct class
- Set up Preset:
- Press the Menu key
- Press the down arrow
- Select Preset Options
- Select Set Normal Preset
- Select Yes to confirm the settings
- Return to Home screen:
- When the system returns to the "Presets Options" screen, press the Home key
- When the system returns to the Home screen, your normal preset has been updated
Visit How to create a Custom Preset on the DM300-DM475 (video) for details about setting Custom Presets for your meter