Products affected: DM300c™, DM400c™, DM450c™, DM475™
Normal presets are the default conditions on your meter that you define based on your commonly used values, such as postage rates and class. You can adjust the settings according to your needs, such as First Class, Priority Mail, Parcel Post.
To comply with USPS® regulations, on January 25, 2015, Commercial Based Pricing (CBP) rates will be removed from your meter and replaced with the equivalent retail rates when you update your meter. Any preset that had a CBP class of mail saved in it will need to be resaved with the equivalent retail class. The affected classes are: 1st Class – Package Svc; Priority CBP; PM Exp CBP.
Once you create normal presets, these options are saved and readily available on your meter. The Postal Class setting, in addition to identifying your mail type, helps automate the preset process for future rate updates and changes. Watch this video to learn how to create a First Class Mail Letter Normal Preset on your DM300-DM475.
Visit Creating a New Custom Preset on the DM300-DM475 (video) for details about setting Custom Presets for your meter.
How to create a First-Class Mail Letter Normal Preset:
- Check current preset:
From the Home screen, press the Normal Preset key
- If the screen shows Class:None then proceed through these steps
- If the Invalid Preset Settings screen is displayed, select Load Partial Preset then proceed through the steps below.
Note: If the screen shows a postage class (e.g., Class: first Cl Ltr). Stop here -- there is nothing more you need to do.
- Choose a class:
- Select Class
- You will be prompted to choose between class groups/carriers:
◄ US Domestic
◄ US Intl
Note: If the optional Presort Xtra feature is installed (DM475), Presort Xtra will show as a third class group/carrier selection.
- Once you make a selection, the Mail Class menu will display
- Set up a class of mail - e.g., select 1st Class followed by Letter, followed by the Enter key
- Confirm that the screen now shows the correct class
- Set up preset:
- Press the Menu key
- Press the down arrow
- Select Preset Options
- Select Set Normal Preset
- Select Yes to confirm the settings
- Return to Home screen:
- When the system returns to the "Presets Options" screen, press the Home key
- When the system returns to the Home screen, your normal preset has been updated